Thursday, May 8, 2014

Back Book Summary 2


You’ve read the typical cancer memoir; stories of suffering, sickness, pain, and even death. While there is no getting around my account of those attributes of cancer, this manuscript contains other ingredients necessary to allow the reader to understand why I believe I received such a grim diagnosis. What lies in these pages is an avalanche of karma that hurled me down a rhetorical mountain side and then forced me to get back up and face God, my loved ones and finally myself for every bit of negative energy I had unleashed.

If you think you can’t die from prayer—think again. Raised as a Christian, my life was completely devoted to God by age eleven. That is, until one day I woke up to the devil standing over me and no Savior in sight. The year was 1985. For reasons I could not explain until some thirty years later, I decided right then to take Beelzebub’s hand and left everything I knew about love and trust behind.

Fast forward to 2012, stage four colorectal cancer, I believe, was God’s last attempt to cease the gaze Satan held on me. On my knees praying in the face of death, I accepted that I had to die in order to live. Prayer killed me. The person I was for twenty-five years who did everything possible to disgrace God, died while under the influence of prayer. My old life ended as quickly as  a snow storm mid-May in northern Michigan. Would you be willing to die for forgiveness from a lifetime of corruption-- completely stripped of any and all aspects of life as you knew it? This book explains how that happened to me and how by the grace of God I lived to share my testimony and His message.

No comments:

Post a Comment