Monday, May 19, 2014

OH GOD

TO THE ROOTS OF THE MOUNTAIN I SANK DOWN; THE EARTH BENEATH ME BARRED ME IN FOREVER, BUT YOU BROUGHT ME UP FROM THE PIT
O, LORD MY GOD.

 
 
It is no secret that God has transformed my life. In many more ways I could ever imagine, He has brought to ma a light so bright and generous, filled with knowledge and wisdom and peace. I don't want to keep that secret from my friends.
 
I cannot emphasize enough just how much more "in place" I feel since accepting His love for a second time. (the first when I was very young) All the broken pieces that were me are finally falling into place. I want to be an inspiration, not a bible thumping radical. So many people don't understand that there are many ways to get to God. Not just one, not just going to church, not just prayer and not by being just a good person.
 
I started with prayer and  let me tell you--I am alive today because of it. Because of everyone else's willingness to pray for me as well. That is the truth!
 
I haven't become some crazy person preaching and reading the bible like some fanatic. I started slowly, very slowly. What I have become because of these things is more peaceful, more loving, more caring, more understanding, more giving, less stressed, less sad, less depressed, more joyful--a feeling in my soul, not just happy but joyous. I am less fearful of my situation, just about everything negative that has affected my life is gone.
 
Believe me, I still work diligently on changing. I still smoke cigarettes, swear on occasion, get angry and say things I shouldn't. I sin on a daily basis. Everyone does. Be we can be forgiven and allowed to try again. That's the glory of it.
 
He can make these small to big changes in you too! All you have to do is ask. Start by a small prayer. Say what's on your heart. He will take it from there. That is how I got started and today I am better than I have ever been. Pray--believe in it. Use the prayers on this site or the one's at the bottom if you don't know where to start. He wants to hear from you. Nothing makes him happier than bringing light to someone who is sick of the dark, or just needs some re-assurance or inspiration, or something different and better than where you are now.
 
You are my friends and family and I would not be telling you this if I did not believe it wholeheartedly. So you pray--you slip up, but it gets better. Eventually, you will notice a change in yourself and be like "wow, something is different." "I'm changing." God moves in mysterious ways. Trust me when I say He will make the changes if you allow Him to.
 
I love you all, please just think about what I've said. Sit on it for a bit; practice. Whatever your heart tells you--follow it. It's that easy. You start and I guarantee He will lead you on an extraordinary path. I wish you all abundant blessings for believing! 
 
 
Love and light are waiting for you :)
 
Blessings,
 
 
Jen
 
**Lord, take my will and my life and guide me how to live.
**My heart is open, I ask to receive your message.

No comments:

Post a Comment