Monday, July 28, 2014

The Price of Love

        For years all I wanted was a happy, healthy relationship. I didn't realize back then that I would never find it in a bottle of vodka staring back at me from behind the bar. I hoped and wished for a good man, someone to love me for me and to accept my children as well.

        It took a long time, but I was finally blessed. God sent me the most loving, kind, sincere, gentle, sensitive, adorable man I could ever hope for. This man has loved me through just about every reason he had not to. Never meaning to hurt him, my own selfish ways did everything to resist all the good he wanted to give. Deep down I didn't feel I deserved it, so I rejected him and ran. I always ran, scared I would get hurt all along hurting everyone else.

       God was good and gave me my wish in spite of my selfish ways. True love came with a price. In return I had to accept the challenges of a terminal illness. I have the man of my dreams but for how long? How much time will I be able to love, grow and adore him?

       I try not to think about time. I live each day moment to moment enjoying each one. They say everything comes with a price. Thank God He put me on a payment plan.

      Cherish the good people and things in your life. A reminder that you never know how long you may have them. Hug and hold those close to you a little longer.

       I believe in miracles and God always gives what you ask for in His time, in His way. Be thankful. A simple thing to say for having the most important thing in the world--love.


Thanks for reading,


Jen
**May God fill my heart with love so that I may pass it on to friends and strangers.

No comments:

Post a Comment