Saturday, October 11, 2014

Surgery still up in the air!

My consultation with the surgeon wasn't exactly what I planned. I thought for sure we'd have a date set and I'd be in surgery within a month or two. Turns out, the safest procedure right now in his opinion is to perform laparscopic surgery. Which is, a small insicion where a camera is inserted to determine if surgery is even possible. The reason for this is the size of the tumor. This CT scan showed it at 25 cm. (about 10 in.) Quite large and unknown what is attached to it or if there is a lot of scar tissue, or if there are other smaller tumors around the abdominal area.

As of now, I am scheduled for this one day procedure with the camera on November 5th. It is minimally invasive and I will be able to go home that same day. After the examination, then I will know exactly if the HIPEC surgery and/or debulking (cutting out tumor) is possible. If it is, then I will be scheduled for that sometime in the beginning of December.

This pill form of chemo does not seem to be helping. The tumor is growing and my CEA, which is a sort of tracking of the growth and function of the chemo is up from 46 to 108. A normal range I believe is 2.4 or 4.2, I can't exactly remember. So it is quite high. When they first diagnosed me it was 275.

I'm fully using my faith on this. Without surgery I don't know what will happen. Experimental drugs, but I'm pretty sick of chemo and the possibility of it not working is daunting. I mean this approved drug I'm on has only lasted 6 months. Prayers please.

I will definately post again once I have the results of the laparoscopic method.

Thanks for reading and for all your prayers and support. It means a lot to me and keeps my faith strong.

Love and hugs,

Jen

1 comment:

  1. I am 29 years old and have been diagnosed with breast cancer, ease of treatment and a similar story, except for my first acceptance as a rejection of herbal medicine. I was not part of the Perseid movement and did not really build relationships with any of them, I just believed in their operation. I say this because it was during the use of Dr. Itua herbal medicine that I now attest that herbal medicine is real, the phytotherapy Dr. Itua heal my breast cancer which I suffered for 2 years. Dr. Itua herbal medicine is made of natural herbs, with no side effects, and easy to drink. If you have the same breast cancer or any type of human illness, including HIV / AIDS, herpes cancer,Ovarian Cancer,Pancratics cancers, bladder cancer, bladder cancer, prostate cancer, Glaucoma., Cataracts,Macular degeneration,Cardiovascular disease,Lung disease.Enlarged prostate,Osteoporosis.Alzheimer's disease,
    Dementia.kidney cancer, lung cancer, skin cancer, skin cancer and skin cancer.testicular Cancer, , LEUKEMIA, VIRUSES, HEPATITIS, INFERTILITY WOMEN / MAN, LOT OF LOVE, LOTTERY. ITS CONTACT EMAIL / WHATSAPP: info@drituaherbalcenter.com Or drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com/ +2348149277967

    ReplyDelete