Friday, April 25, 2014

I Hate Waiting!

My CAT scan was today, and now...I wait. If you weren't aware, a new tumor was discovered on my right ovary facilitating a change in cancer drugs: Stivarga-- A pill form of treatment, is acting about the same as the liquid form as far as side effects. What's happening on the inside is hard to know--hence, the scan today.

Hopefully it is doing the job and shrinking the mass, even though I've only had two rounds of the pill. My CEA was still up a few weeks ago. That is called a "tumor marker." The higher the number the more cancer, basically. It went from 21 to 35. They don't like it any higher than four. When I was first diagnosed, amazingly, it was 275. The CEA is not so much depended on as much as the scans. So, patiently, I wait.

I'm not a very patient person, but I am learning. After all, God takes His time and I must learn to adhere to that. He has done amazing things in my life, so I'm not really worried. I can handle His tests; I may not like them, but I have to endure whatever He gives me. And right now, He's given me a more personal challenge, but with prayer I'm getting through it.
 
As soon as I have any news, I'll be sure to share.
 
As always, I appreciate your thoughts and prayers too. :) Hope you all have a grand weekend and be careful out there.
 
 
Jen
**Big-picture pondering can have life-changing effects.  ~Oprah~




No comments:

Post a Comment