Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Semi-MRI Results

I finally got a call from my oncologist last week. She informed me that the radiologist could not see any invasion of the tumor into my bladder. That is good news. Hopefully meaning it would not have to be removed. However, the surgeon is the one who I am still waiting on to give me the full details as he ordered it in the first place.

I've been praying and praying about this and that God would help me decide what to do. Put surgery back on the table? Or leave well enough alone? Then it hit me. Pros and cons. All I need to hear is the positive and the negative and that will be my deciding factor. It's still not looking positive just from what I was told the last time. That the surgery would not guarantee buying me any more time. Plus there's the major surgery itself, the risk of infection, and so on. It sure takes a toll waiting on all these tests, doctors and results. Maybe there's better news this time!

My oncologist did say that if I were to decide against the surgery, she advised that I go back on the chemo pill and let it ride its course. I think she's afraid to leave me in limbo and have to give me a final time line. She has told me before it would only take months if I were to stop chemo all together. She's so sweet. We've become quite close in these last three years and I know that's not what she wants for me. Well, none of us do. But it's my faith in God that keeps me from worrying about that. I know he has future plans for me and it is just not my time yet. Either way, God's going to work it out. He's shown His mercy before and I believe He will again.

I am hoping to hear from the surgeon this week yet. I will post when I have any new news. Thank you all for your love, support and prayers.

Hugs,
Jen
**If you worship the Lord your God, I will bless your bread and water. I will take away sickness from you. ~Exodus 23:25

No comments:

Post a Comment